Monday, June 8, 2009

Homemade Laundry Soap

I am into saving money, but I didn't know I was capable of taking it this far! When people talk about this kind of thing I usually don't pay much attention. Homemade laundry detergent? It seems like homemade stuff like that would have tons of weird ingredients that I would never be able to find! But it's sooooo simple, I wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't! All you need is borax, washing soda and a bar of soap! You can get the borax and washing soda I'm pretty sure at any grocery store on the laundry aisle. I got mine at Smiths so I know they have it there for sure. Click Here for my favorite tutorial on how to make this stuff! You can also check here for other recipes, they all have the same ingredients pretty much, just different proportions. A few tips the first tutorial does not mention, you should have a lid for your bucket, and you need to shake or stir well before each use. Oh and this is good stuff, I like it a lot better then the cheapo detergent we had been buying! Good luck and if anyone makes it let me know how you like it!

2 comments: