Wednesday, June 3, 2009

StArBuRsT!

I saw this idea on HGTV and have been wanting to do it for some time. Its a starbusrt! The only problem is for this to be "cheap" the way I insist on, you need to use tinker toy you have laying around or that you find at the thrift store for cheap, if you buy tinker toy new it just isn't worth it because they are like $15-$20! So basically you just take tinker toy and build it like the picture shows.

Then you spray paint it (semi-gloss works best for this) I used brown because it matches my bedroom but I think it would be fun to do a multi-colored pink, green, and brown one for Eden's room, be creative! Then hot glue little mirrors around it and one in the middle. Very simple!

Tinker Toy: $1
Spray paint: $ 1.12
2 packages of mirrors from Michaels: $3.24
Total cost: $5.36

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you posted that on your family blog! Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete