Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Look What I Made! Kids Art Display

Since my little one started nursery almost 6 months ago she has been bringing home the sweetest coloring pages! I've been seeing some fun ideas to display kids art, here is my version!



Here's how I made this:

I have a few of these wood boards in my garage that I got from my neighbors trash a while back. They measure 24''x7''. I got one out and gave it a nice coat of paint.

I downloaded a free font from dafonts.com that looked like cute kids handwriting, then I used my silhouette to cut the vinyl. I also thought of doing "art gallery" but I decided "look what I made" was more fun. If anyone wants me to cut vinyl for them, I charge $4.00 for the saying in this general size.
I got some wooden clothespins I had laying around and traced them on some scapbook paper, using colors that matched our play/tv room. Then I just cut out the paper and modge podged it onto the clothespins.
I added the hardware to the back of my project before I glued the clothespins on

Then I kind of eyeballed where to put the clothespins and used hot glue to glue them on.



Linking to:
Todays Creative Blog
ABC and 123
All Things Related
Sugar Bee
My Backyard Eden
Blue Cricket Design
Sister Stuff
Somewhat Simple

8 comments:

  1. very cute! We have an "art gallery" for the kids too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. And I love the saying more then "art gallery".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute :) I have been wanting my husband help me make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute!! I love all your fun ideas! This would be perfect in our playroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I am a new follower! www.landofthemisfittoyz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think art displays are wonderful. We have one too... though it is a little clutter at the mo. Need to tidy it again!


    I would LOVE for you to join us at Kids Get Crafty (every Wednesday on Red Ted Art) - current link up http://www.redtedart.com/2011/01/19/kids-get-crafty-penguins-boys-umbrellas-card-board-boxes/
    Hope to see you there!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up!! Don't forget to let your readers know they can vote for their favorites in the Simply Create Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete