Sunday, January 23, 2011

Paper Rose Wreath

I am so excited about this wreath. It took me about 2 weeks to make. Every night after I put the kids to bed, I would work on it for at least an hour. Cutting, rolling, and then gluing (my husband works full time and goes to school at night, I need projects like this to keep me busy) It was a bit tedious but worth it!

I found the idea for the paper roses here. I just got a cheap wreath at Michael's and wrapped some red felt around it, just so it's red underneath and will blend (I had some on hand, you could also do ribbon, spray paint, colored tape, yarn.... etc...) I used construction paper from Michaels for the roses. It's the only kind I could find the same color of in a whole pack. It worked great and much better priced then card stock! When I was all done, I took the wreath outside and sprayed it with some red glitter adhesive. You can't see it well in the pictures but it gives it the perfect amount of shine.

Linking to:
All things related
Somewhat Simple

2 comments:

  1. this is so pretty! what a beautiful, festive wreath :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like those expensive wooden rose wreaths it is really pretty

    ReplyDelete